The history of the Kyrmir MMORPG server dates back to 2014. In February it was formed on the initiative of a user nicknamed KimiorV, the project used the Mordan Engine, which was constantly developed and improved.
Kyrmir MMORPG is the only server that has stood the test of time on the Gothic Multiplayer platform and still exists today.
Back in 2015, it was the longest running institution on the GMP platform.The idea of the server is to play together with friends in an mmorpg edition of Gothic.
- 02.2014 - First Edition of the Kyrmir MMORPG server managed by user KimiorV.
- 06.2014 - Second Edition of the server, managed by users Profesores and ArathornII.
- 10.2014 - Takeover of the project by the existing Event Management of the server user TheDual.
- 23.11.2014 Creation of official fanpage on facebook - link
- 24.12.2014 Launching the server for the Christmas period with minor changes. Announcement of work on the actual launch under the care of the new team.
- 08.03.2015 One of the most important dates in the history of Kyrmir. Start of the first official edition with the new team.
- 01.11.2015 Preparations for the launch of the new edition of the server began. The launch took place on 15.01.2016.
- 23.07.2016 A major update was released introducing a lot of content and activities for players.
- 25.12.2016 Another major server update codenamed 2.1 was released, further expanding the portfolio offered on the server.
- (2017) During 2017, the Kyrmir server received a dedicated launcher, and an improved unofficial version of Gothic Multiplayer codenamed R-12 The official Discord of the server was also created. But that&apos:s not all, besides that, there is a new version of the website available at kyrmir.eu. Kyrmir has also changed its hosting provider, which has increased its stability and performance. Player activity is steadily increasing. Giveaways on Discord, and promotional codes are appearing. Most of the key systems are being built this year.
- 18.05.2018 - A new edition begins on the server, and the old one, which lasted 664 days, comes to an end.
- 19.07.2019 - Season #1 - Hard - a new challenge for players - begins.
- 01.01.2020 - End of the #1 season on the hard server.
- 16.01.2021 - Season #2 kicked off.
- 01.01.2023 - End of #3 server edition. Completion of activities on the Gothic Multiplayer platform. Start of work on transferring the server to the Gothic 2 Online platform.
- 12.02.2023 - First round of Kyrmir TDM in Gothic Online.
- 28.05.2023 - The last round of the Kyrmir TDM server before the holiday break. 17 rounds were held. (Period 12.02.2023 - 28.05.2023)
- Q3 2023 - Start of MMORPG server testing on the Gothic 2 Online platform.
People who have made significant contributions to the project
- Profesores (main administrator until 2014; script improvements, project management)
- ArathornII (community administration, support for server updates)
- Jaskier (project owner until 2015)
- Bimbol (developer of Mordan Engine, Mordan MMORPG server, Bimbol Engine framework)
- gGorng (Administrator, server addon management)
- Hades (Script support)
- Patrix (Script support, web development support)
- Risen (Support with Gothic Multiplayer platform)
- TheShield (Server updates, community management, Event Management support)
- Cycek, Hoder, Dermondo, Songogu, Torlof, Templar (Support with server updates, testing)
- Dasko (2D, 3D graphic designer, level designer)
- Zlobi (Gamemaster, community management)
- Savo (Gamemaster, community management)
- Sawares (Gamemaster, community management)
- Dzunek (Gamemaster, community management)
- WojtaS (Gamemaster, community management, Event Management)
- SmoK (Event Management)
- Forget (Server Moderator, Event Management)
- Pandrodor (Server Moderator)
- Akores (Server Moderator)
- Msciwy (Server Moderator)
- Imholl (Server Moderator)
- Janek (Forum Moderator)
- ktos (Support)
- Parias (Support)
- Hajting (Support)
- Grunt (Support)
- Gawwik (Youtuber)
- Kasy (Youtuber)
People currently active in administration:
- TheDual (Owner, balance design, level design, project management, community management, event management)
- KimiorV (Artist programmer, title sponsor)
- Dark (Balance design, resource management)
To be able to join the game, you need a minimum operating system of Windows 7 64-bit and Installed Gothic II game with the Night of the Raven expansion,
which you can purchase on platforms such as:
If you are using the original disk version, you need to follow these steps (If you have the Steam/GOG or similar version, skip to step 3)
Install Fix 2.6
Install Gothic 2 PlayerKit
Download the Gothic 2 Online platform installer in the latest version (first column)
Install Gothic 2 Online files to the main game folder. Make sure the path is correct.
Run the G2O Launcher application and search for the Kyrmir MMORPG server on the list.
Now you can double click the left mouse button. Joining the server should start.
If something goes wrong, you can ask for help on the DISCORD server.